Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Nail Care/Art Tools - My must-haves

12
1. Nail Buffer - This is a 4 way nail buffer which has 4 steps to even out, smooth, buff and shine nail. This is easily available in any pharmacy or department store.

2. Nail File - A metal nail file I use for shaping my nails. This is available in any pharmacy, department store or dollar store.

3. Cuticle Pusher - Cuticle pusher helps to push tough, hard cuticles back. I soften my cuticle first before using cuticle pusher to avoid skin cut. Check out my previous post for the products I use to soften my cuticle or just soak your nails in warm water before pushing the cuticle.

4. Cuticle Nipper - I use this cuticle nipper for cutting any dead cuticle. Make sure you cut only dead cuticles and not healthy cuticles. You need healthy cuticles to protect your nails.

5. Zig Zag Scissors - I use this zig zag scissors to cut stripes for my nail art. Check out my nail art where I have used zig zag stripes.

6. Scissors - Scissors are used for cutting stripes or scotch tape.

7. Labelling stickers - It is hard to find ready nail art vinyls here in NZ so I use labelling stickers to cut my own vinyls.

8. Cotton Pads - Cotton pad is used for removing nail polish from nails and brushes.

9. Striping Tapes - I bought this striping tapes from TradeMe, they are way too thin so requires lot of patience to go on nails. This is self adhesive stripes so you can either use it on nails on its own or use it as nail vinyls.

10. Makeup sponges - I use makeup sponge to create gradient nails. Soak the sponge in the water, apply your favorite colors on the sponge and tap it on your nails to create gradient look. Check out my Instagram video where I have used gradient nails as background to draw a shell shape on it. Another Instagram pic to refer to.

11. Scotch Tape - Scotch tape is used for covering skin around nails or for creating geometric shapes on your nails. Check out my Instagram pic for reference.

12. Nail art brushes and dotting tool - I bought these nail art brushes from TradeMe. It comes in a cute bag along with dotting tools. There are 16 brushes and 5 dotting pens. I have used few brushes to create this beautiful flower nail art. Dotting tools is a must have for me, I can do so many designs out of it. Check out my simple french tips using dotting pens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment