Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Anniversary weekend - Outing, Shopping and Dinner

It was our second anniversary weekend and we had a delightful time together. 

OUTING

We went to Piha Beach for few hours, it was a bit overcast but we wanted to go there to reminisce our early days of knowing each other and Piha Beach was one of the destinations my husband took me on our second date. We packed some 
delicious cakes from Milse to have at the beach.


Piha Beach
Pastries from Milse


SHOPPING
So here is my shopping haul. 


Prada for Men
Prada Luna Rossa Extreme: I got my husband this cologne which smells divine. It smells of sweet and spice. Very unlike his cologne collection. This fragrance is definitely one of our favourites now. You don't need to apply too much, a little will last all day. And of course this is not a daily use cologne, it's an occasional use as the name suggests. It's Extreme! 
Available: Farmers NZ
Size: 50ml
My Rating: 8/10

Jo Malone for Women
Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede: This was my gift and it smells just amazing. It's hard to describe the smell but it's floral and very soothing. It is indeed very luxurious and has strong sex appeal. I applied it last evening and I can still smell it faintly this morning. What I learnt about Jo Malone is "The Art of Fragrance Combining". I was given 2 samples of Orange Blossom and Blackberry & Bay to play with my Peony perfume. I absolutely love this. I told my husband I am so going to start my Jo Malone Collection - my new obsession. Girls just can't get enough of everything, isn't it?
Available:  Jo Malone NZ
Size: 30ml
My Rating: 9/10


Nail polishes: While I was shopping at Farmers NZ I picked up 3 nail polishes as well. I have never tried these brands of polishes before and wanted to compare it with OPI and Essie polishes. 

Maxfactor Max Effect mini nail polish "51 Purple Twilight". This is a good purple/plum color. The consistency is thick and one application will give purple color and 2 applications will change to dark plum color. This is almost similar to OPI plum color "Honk if you love OPI".

L'Oreal Paris Color Riche "613 Blue Reef". This is in ocean green color and I love it. Although I don't like the consistency, it's too runny. 

L'oreal Paris Color Riche "610 Rebel Blue". This is in ocean blue color and is my favourite of the three polishes I purchased. The color in the bottle looks shimmery blue but on application it looks plain blue minus the shimmer. I would have loved it more with shimmer. 

My Rating: 6/10

I will be posting a nail art pic with the above three colors soon in my next blog. 

I also received couple Issey Miyake perfume samples from Farmers NZ - L'eau D'issey Pour Homme Sport (Men) and L'eau D'issey Absolue (Women). I am a big fan of Issey Miyake so always happy to get samples to go in my handbag. 

DINNER
6 Course Degustation at One Tree Grill
Menu

And of course the anniversary weekend wouldn't end without a lavish fine dinner at One Tree Grill. We had a Six course degustation dinner, it was our first degustation experience and boy we loved it. The entire experience lasted for 2.5 hours. The meals did take a while to come out, I guess they were giving us enough time to digest the meal in between. My favourite from the 6 meals was the starter Mushroom soup and the desert Pear and ginger tart with sorbet. Least favourite was the cured Salmon, I am not a big fan of fish so it didn't go well with my taste palette. Also I didn't like braised beef cheek which came along with the main Black Angus Eye Fillet. Overall we loved the experience and would try degustation experience again. And definitely recommend One Tree Grill, it's a beautiful restaurant and has a cozy feeling. 

My Rating: 8/10


How do you guys celebrate your anniversary? 


No comments:

Post a Comment